We recommend you read the entire policy before you download the application. You may at any time, uninstall the application if you do not agree with the terms and conditions of the policy. Our goal in this policy is to be completely transparent about the data We collect, why We collect it and how We use it, in order to make Your experience valuable.
Who is the app owner?
The FOS app is owned by Karvy Next. The application has been developed as an open source application. You may ask us for the source code at any time.
What data is being collected? How is that data being collected?
For a better experience, while using our Service, We may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to –
- Approximate location (network-based)
- Precise location (GPS and network-based) for Phone/Tablet
- Read phone status and identity (Photos/Media/Files)
- Read the contents of your USB storage
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB Storage (Storage)
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage (Camera)
- Take pictures and videos
- Wi-Fi connection information
- View Wi-Fi connections Device ID & call information
- Read phone status and identity
- Call Logs
- Receive data from the Internet
- View network connections
- Full network access
- Prevent device from sleeping
The app does use third-party services that may collect information used to identify you.
In order to let the application function seamlessly, you may need to set the FOS app as the default application to access your SMS and Call Logs, as and when the need may arise.
Also, for your information, while using our Service, the application may/may not experience errors. In case of an error in the app, data and information through third-party products may be collected from your phone. This data shall be called the Log Data. This Log Data can include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, OS version, the configuration of the app when using our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as unique anonymous identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the Websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party codes and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
What will this data be used for?
The data We collect from you as well as the data you provide us will be retained by us and used for analytics and quality purposes.
The “cookies” stored on the device may be used by third-party service providers aligned with us to improve their services.
Who will have access to the information?
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services;
- To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties will have access to your Personal Information that you share. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
What rights do users have? Can they request to see the data you have on them, can they request to rectify, erase or block their data?
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint – Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed by the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
We value your trust in providing us with your Personal Information. Thus We are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case We discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, We immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that We may undertake necessary actions.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner, and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon the order of authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.